The Young Lawyers Section of the Bar Association of DC today announced that JEREMY PETERMAN of Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe has been named its 2018 “Young Lawyer of the Year”!
Jeremy co-chaired the “Generous Associates Campaign,” a fundraiser that brought together 90 DC law firms to raise funds for the Legal Aid Society of the District of Columbia, DC’s oldest and largest general civil legal services program. Jeremy and his fellow co-chairs raised a whopping $2.15 million for Legal Aid for legal services for DC’s neediest. In addition to Jeremy, these amazing lawyers are:
- Brendan Carroll, Alston & Bird
- Melissa Weberman, Arnold & Porter
- Loyal Horsley, Hogan Lovells
- Alex Yabroff, Jones Day
- Amy Rigdon, Latham & Watkins
- Victoria Murphy, Mayer Brown
- Sarah Dowd, Miller & Chevalier
- Alana Genderson, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius
- Jessica Morton, Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison
- Aimee Ghosh, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman
- Nancy Halstead, Reed Smith
- Justin Benson and Wandaly Fernandez, Sidley Austin
- Zorba Leslie and Mark Murphy, Steptoe & Johnson
- Sarah O’Connor, Williams & Connolly
- Claire Bergeron, Cadene Brooks and Zoe Jones, WilmerHale
The Co-Chairs of the Generous Associates Campaign are responsible for leading Legal Aid’s biggest fundraising campaign of the year. Ninety DC law firms participated in the 2018 Campaign, raising $2.15 million for Legal Aid. The Co-Chairs helped recruit more than 250 coordinators to lead campaigns at their firms, providing encouragement and guidance throughout the two-month, record-breaking campaign. All funds help provide critically-needed civil legal services for low-income DC residents, including helping survivors of domestic violence get to safety, helping families avoid unjust eviction or foreclosure, and helping DC residents receive the health care to which they are entitled under the law.
Kalie E. Richardson of Hyman, Phelps & McNamara P.C., Chair of the BADC’s Young Lawyer Section stated: “For this exemplary professional and public service achievement, the Young Lawyers Section of the BADC name Jeremy Peterman and his Co-Chair colleagues of Legal Aid’s Generous Associates Campaign The 2018 “Young Lawyer of the Year“.
This Award will be presented at the Bar Association of DC’s 147th Annual Banquet & Awards Gala on Saturday, December 1, 2018 from 6-11pm at the City Club Atrium, 555 – 13th St, NW (between “E” & “F” Sts). Tickets, Tables and Sponsorships may be purchased at https://badc.org/gala.